A Vendor is an event business (florist, venue, photographer, etc). There are 28 Vendor Categories.
Users can choose to view all Vendors within a particular city or they can search by category or vendor name.
A listing is a collection of information that appears in search results. The information is taken from your Vendor Profile.
This is what a typical listing looks like:
- Your image will display with a Featured or Basic profile.
- Users can bookmark your business or even write a review from this page.
- Users can initiate a chat session with you. They can see if you’re online and available for chat (your status will show as green). Users will eventually be able to filter to see who is available for chat.
- Users can request to form a Connection with you. That will save you to their Connections page. You will appear on their public profiles if they’re connected to you.
- The Chat and Connect buttons will appear if there is an email on file for the business, regardless of whether the profile has been claimed or not.
- Please note that you will not see the Chat or Connect buttons when viewing your own Listing in the results.
- You can extend a Special Offer with a Featured or Basic profile. Users will eventually be able to filter to see who is extending an offer.
- Vendors from multiple categories can appear here if there aren’t at least 6 Featured Vendors in a particular city/category combination.
- We display Featured Vendors who are advertising within a 50-mile radius of the city or zip code searched. (When you create your Vendor Listing, you choose which counties you want to target.)
- The Featured Vendors appear in distance order and repeat in that same order throughout the results pages.
- Featured Vendors (if there are any) also appear on the profiles of Basic and Free Vendors and on all other local pages of the site.
Results include Listings within a 50-mile radius. The default display order of the Listings is as follows:
- Featured - in bid order. If two Featured Vendors have the same max bid, their positions will rotate.
- Basic – in distance order to the city or zip code searched
- Free – in distance order to the city or zip code searched
- Unclaimed - in distance order to the city or zip code searched
Users will eventually be able to filter results:
- To see who is available for online chat
- To see who has a Special Offer available
- By keyword
- By several category-specific filters (examples: Venues: type, size, features, price range, etc; Catering and Beverages: cuisine type, features (such as Kosher, gluten free, etc), price range)
Maps are present on results pages for categories that are not largely comprised of home-based businesses. A map would appear for a Venue or Beauty and Health category but not for DJs or Photographers. If a map is present, a User may hover on the map pin in your Listing to see where you appear on the map. If you have chosen to hide your street address from view on your profile, you will not have a pin on the map.