When creating/editing a Vendor Listing, please abide by our regulations regarding certain fields. This article will address best practices and rules we have in place to give all Vendors an equal chance to succeed at the site:
- Business Name: You cannot enter a Business Name in all capital letters. If your Business Name does require more than one letter to be capitalized in a string of letters, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The field is programmed to only capitalize the first letter of each word to keep the directory looking as professional as possible.
You also need to please refrain from adding any text/characters to this field that do not appear in your legal Business Name. That includes special characters, phone numbers, website addresses, areas served, directions, pricing, awards won, etc. We want all Vendors to have an equal chance to get exposure within their package.
- Connection ID: this is the ID that will appear in the instant chat box and also in your own User menu. You may want to add a location to the end of the Business Name if you have multiple businesses with the same name that you’re personally managing.
- Address: if you do not wish for your street address to appear in the directory itself, please check “Don’t display on profile”. Your city and state will still appear on your profile but you will not have a pin on the map, if a map is relevant for your category. Maps are only present when a majority of Vendors in a category have physical locations.
- Business Email: this will default to filling in your User email but you can change it. You may use the same email address for multiple Vendor Listings. This Business Email address will receive chat and lead notifications.
- Website Address: you may not use a URL that directs Users to a site containing a directory of any kind. You also may not link to any social media pages. We have all of the popular social media fields available as separate fields for Vendors with Basic and Featured profiles.
- Category Description: This field is contained on the Edit Category page. You are not permitted to link to any social media fields unless you have paid for a Featured or Basic listing.