We strive hard to keep a clean, updated directory. To that end, we try to catch potential duplicates during the listing creation process. You may see one of the following messages while adding a business that you may or may not personally manage:
- If a duplicate phone number is found in use by yourself on a different Vendor Listing, you will see this message. You can click “OK” to proceed or click the category name to view that profile as it appears in the directory.
- If a duplicate phone number is found in use within a Vendor Listing that is NOT claimed, you will be asked if the other business is still operating and if you manage it. If you do indicate that you manage it, you will go through the process to finish claiming and editing this Vendor Listing. If you still have a new Listing to add after this is done, just click the “Add a vendor listing” link in the header of the site and add the next Listing.
- If a duplicate phone number is found in use within a Vendor Listing that IS claimed, you will see this message:
- If a duplicate Business Email is found that is already associated with another Vendor Listing but that Listing is NOT yet claimed, you’ll see this message. First you’ll be asked if the business is still operating. Indicate Yes, No or Don’t Know. If you answer Yes, you’ll be asked if you manage the business. If you choose Yes, you’ll be taken through the process to claim that business.
- If you use a Business Email already in use within a Vendor Listing that IS claimed, you’ll see the follow message. You are not permitted to use this email in this instance. If you feel that the email should not be associated with this other business, please email email@example.com.