If you are actively managing a business, you can add categories by clicking the Add Category link on My Local Vendor Listings.
If you are claiming a Listing or creating a new Vendor Listing, you will reach the Add Categories page during the initial set-up process.
To add a Vendor Category, you will choose a category, choose a package and then create a custom region.
1. Choose a Category from the drop-down. There are currently 27 Vendor Categories to choose from.
2. Choose a Package (Featured, Basic or Free). You can click the Compare Packages button to see a chart of features. Featured and Basic profiles are non-refundable. You can downgrade from Featured to Basic at any time, however.
You can even choose the entire United States as your region. Certain categories (Beauty & Health, Catering & Beverages, Ceremony Sites, Entertainment, Guest Accommodations, Limos & Transportation, Music, Photo Booths, Photography, Restaurants & Bars, Services for Newlyweds, Venues, Videography and Wedding Officiants) require you to have a Featured profile to advertise to the entire country, but many do not (Cakes and Desserts, Decorations and Lighting, Dresses and Women’s Attire, Favors and Gifts, Flowers, Home Beautification, Invitations and Calligraphy, Jewelry, Rentals and Party Supplies, Travel, Tuxedos and Men’s Attire and Unique Services).
4. Further modify your custom region by adding or removing counties:
5. We realize that many Vendors in certain categories may also be interested in an additional (relevant) category so you may see this message if you’ve chosen a category with a natural fit for a second one. Example: Many DJs now rent photo booths. Simply choose Yes or No thanks.
6. Make a selection here to continue:
Please note: If you don’t see these buttons, you’re in the process of adding a category. Either complete adding the new category or click the X to the right of the category drop-down: